Search This Blog

Monday, March 2, 2015

Homemade Doll

Picture
At BACS if you're a girl and in seventh grade you get to make a doll. It's a lot of fun, really. The hardest part would probably be sewing the doll together/connecting the head to the body. I remember when I was sewing I stabbed myself in the thumb and got blood on my doll's face.... Yeah that upset me, but luckily I was able to get most of it out by using a tide stain stick. Like I said before, it was really fun making the doll, I was thinking about buying two more kits to make my doll's brothers, Jace and Alec but I decided that making all the clothes and the hair and stuff would take too much time and energy when I could be doing something else more useful.... like reading and writing blog posts with multiple grammatical mistakes. I should probably apologize for my spelling and grammar mistakes now, it's just I never actually read over these beforeI post them so, I'm really sorry for all the stupid spelling mistakes and stuff you'll come across on my blogs.
So for my doll I made everything by hand, from the doll to the clothes. I spent like seven hours straight on the clothes, actually. At the end of spring break I was at my grandparents so my grandma and I spent all day sewing the dress, shoes and jacket. The necklace was harder to make because I had to find a jewel that fit the description. I had finally began to give up on making the necklace when I found the perfect red stone for it. Then getting a, I forget what it's called, the circle thing to connect to the chain I'd put together (Just wrapped a chain around my wrist then put the connecting things on it) and sticking it on was fairly easy.
If you didn't know, the doll I made is Isabelle Sophia Lightwood from The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare, my favorite book series. It was the series that got me into reading and as Fiona says 'ruined my life' haha. Isabelle is my favorite female character out of all my books because she's strong and can handle things for herself along with a lot of other things though, I don't feel like mentioning all of them right now. I didn't know what to think of her at first, but by the end of the first book I liked her and by the end of City of Fallen Angels she was my favorite character. She has some great quotes that I enjoy reading and quoting...
"But I watch my brothers give their hearts away and I think, don't you know better? Hearts are breakable. And I think even when you heal, you're never what you were before."
-Isabelle Sophia Lightwood
Anyway, making the dolls was really fun. I enjoyed it, anyways, I don't know about other people. If you couldn't tell I didn't really have anything to say..... Okay well I'll see you guys next time.
Xoxo
Anji

No comments:

Post a Comment